Re: File name conflict in current cvs automake

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: File name conflict in current cvs automake
Date: 29 Apr 2001 10:58:13 -0700

Lars J Aas <address@hidden> writes:

> To be correct, it's AFS the problem relates to.  If you create an AFS
> partition on Linux you will probably have the same problem there, and if
> you can have a UFS or some other filesystem under AmigaOS, you can
> probably avoid this problem on AmigaOS too :)

You may want to call that AmigaFS rather than AFS; that caused a real
double-take at first, since AFS is case-sensitive.  :)  (AFS being the
Andrew File System, a very widely used distributed file system product by
the Transarc division of IBM, recently released as open source.)

I'd suggest using less ambiguous terms for both, but AFS has always just
been AFS (even down to the canonical mount point being /afs).

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>