Re: Bad dependencies generation

From: Paul F. Kunz
Subject: Re: Bad dependencies generation
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 21:10:28 -0700

>>>>> On Sat, 05 May 2001 14:46:03 -0600, Tom Tromey <address@hidden> said:

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul F Kunz <address@hidden> writes:
Paul> To answer my own question about bad dependency generation with
Paul> the combination of Red Hat 7.1beta, gcc 2.96, and
Paul> autoconf/automake released version.  It is gcc 2.96 causing the
Paul> problem, as it went away after installing gcc 2.95.3.

> I'm still running Red Hat 6.2, not 7.x.  Could you tell me exactly
> what went wrong?  Red Hat 7 will be around for a while still.  I'd
> like to make sure that depcomp can support the gcc it includes.

   gcc 2.96 that came with RH 7, put the dependency files in the
SOURCE directory tree, not the the BUILD directory tree.   Installing
gcc 2.95.3 in /usr/local fixed the problem with no changes to my
automake/autoconf set up.   That is, dependency files are put in the
BUILD directory tree where they belong.

   Any other test you would like me to make on a Red Hat 7.1 system?
I'd be glad to help.