Re: automake-1.4-p1

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: automake-1.4-p1
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 19:09:29 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, Gary!

Thank you very much for this release! The stable release should have been
released soon after 1.4 but it wasn't done. I really appreciate that you
came and did it.

One little problem. If I put "AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS = 1.4-p1" to the
Makefile.am and run CVS Automake I'm getting

Makefile.am:3: require version 1.4-p1, but have 1.4e

What is even worse is that if I "re-brand" CVS automake to version 1.5 or
even 2.0 it still refuses to process that Makefile.am:

Makefile.am:3: require version 1.4-p1, but have 2.0

I understand it's a problem in CVS (HEAD branch) Automake and should be
fixed there.

>       * Directories listed in EXTRA_DIST are now correctly included
>         in the generated distribution tarball.

This is the reason why I would like to have "AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS = 1.4-p1" in
some projects.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin