Re: subobj8.test not executable

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: subobj8.test not executable
Date: 18 Jul 2001 10:35:44 -0600

>>>>> "Pavel" == Pavel Roskin <address@hidden> writes:

Pavel> Maybe the code that Automake puts to the check-TESTS target
Pavel> should run "chmod +x" on the tests it's going to run?

I don't think there's anything really wrong with this, but if we do it
we'd have to make sure that chmod failures are ignored.  Suppose
srcdir is read-only.

Pavel> Another solution would be to use shell on non-executable test
Pavel> scripts.

We can't use this in general.  Automake's tests are scripts, but that
doesn't have to be true.  They could be C programs.

Maybe it would be better for us to hack cvs so that it rejects commits
where the .test file is not executable.

Tom