Re: address@hidden (Karl Berry)] files intentionally leftafterdistclean

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: address@hidden (Karl Berry)] files intentionally leftafterdistclean
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 11:03:52 -0800

Akim Demaille wrote:

> Bruce> I agree that it would be nice to list the problematic files.
> Bruce> It helps to distinguish between innocuous and real WARNINGS.
>
> It has been listing these files for weeks now.

I couldn't tell:

$ cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/automake co automake
cvs server: Updating automake
cvs server: failed to create lock directory in repository
`/cvsroot/automake/automake': Permission denied
cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository \
`/cvsroot/automake/automake'cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

I also confess to being a bit lazy.  It's very hard to keep up
with CVS versions of tools and still have time to accomplish what
I want to accomplish without being swamped with version consistency
issues.  Beta-level releases are generally plenty early enough.
Sorry.  :-(  Thanks for fixing the file list issue.  :-)