Re: spam hell

From: Alex Hornby
Subject: Re: spam hell
Date: 31 Jan 2002 10:47:07 +0000

On Thu, 2002-01-31 at 06:41, Bob Proulx wrote:
> > It is possible to set up moderation.  Actually, moderation is a wrong
> > word.  The only responsibility of the moderator show be preventing spam.
>
> I help moderate a few of the GNU lists which are moderated solely to
> prevent spam and I can tell you from personal experience that it is a
> pain.  Mailman has only the lame web interface.  Oh I would love an
> email interface!  Then I could apply some real filtering such as
> spamassassin to it.

Couldn't you use spamassassin at the MTA level to set an X-Probably-Spam
style header?

Then make the mailman filter just a test for that header. Which should
result in spam assassin flagged messages requiring moderation.

Doesn't add an email interface, but would at least allow the use of a
spamassassin/mailman pairing.

Alex.