Re: lib_DATA

From: Ralf Corsepius
Subject: Re: lib_DATA
Date: 02 Jul 2002 16:51:32 +0200

Am Die, 2002-07-02 um 16.10 schrieb Schleicher Ralph (LLI):
> Ralf Corsepius <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > This forces users to use manually written install-data-local rules
> > instead of being able to use the syntactically much easier lib_DATA.
>
> Consider using $datadir or $pkglibdir instead.
No, the data I am installing definitely belongs into libdir an not
anywhere else.

The cases I have encountered the problem is:
* Using manually written rules to build specialized libraries.
* Installing compiler startup objects (crtXXXX.o)
* Installing relocatible objects-files.

> If you insist on $libdir, say
>
> datdir = $(libdir)
> dat_DATA = foo bar
That's the workaround I am actually using ;)