Re: 0.11.5: gettextize with external

From: Bruno Haible
Subject: Re: 0.11.5: gettextize with external
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 17:49:30 +0200 (CEST)

Akim Demaille writes:

> | > Running gettextize on a project that is not including intl/ still
> | > copies and installs m4 files that are not needed.
> |
> | It is correct. If gettextize did not copy these files, the subsequent
> | 'aclocal' invocation would fail. I consider this a bug in the
> | 'aclocal' program version 1.5.
>
> Do you have any evidence of this ``bug''?

aclocal doesn't know which macros are really needed, it looks which macros
are potentially needed.

In other words, if configure.in invokes a macro A which is in file AB.m4,
and this file also contains the definition of a macro B which relies
on a macro C, found in C.m4, then 'aclocal' will fail if you provide
only AB.m4 but not C.m4.

Bruno