[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Subdirectory problem

From: Peter Gavin
Subject: Re: Subdirectory problem
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 21:42:27 -0400
User-agent: Mutt/1.4i

On Sat, Sep 21, 2002 at 06:36:10PM -0400, Peter Gavin wrote:
> Hi,
> I decided to switch a project I'm working on to use a single top level 
> Makefile, instead of using recursive make. One thing I noticed was that if 
> you have this in your
> bin_PROGRAMS = a/a
> a_a_SOURCES = a/a.c
> Then a.o gets built in $(top_builddir), not $(top_builddir)/a as I would have 
> expected, and as it would be using recursive make.  Is this a bug, or am I 
> misunderstanding something?
> Peter Gavin

Oh, btw, I'm using automake-1.6.3.

And one other problem... My project has a library and an executable that links 
to that library. So, e.g. my project's is something like this:

lib_LTLIBRARIES = liba/
liba_liba_la_SOURCES = liba/liba.c

bin_PROGRAMS = a/a
a_a_SOURCES = a
a_a_LDADD = $(top_builddir)/liba/

So, liba/liba.c and a/a.c get compiled to liba.o and a.o respectively. 
gets created as liba/, and the real .so and .a files are put in 
liba/.libs, as expected.
But, make distclean fails to remove liba/.libs or any of the files within, 
apparently because make distclean does rm -f liba/ instead of using 
libtool to remove it.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]