Re: Problem with CVS HEAD, bootstrap, Perl 5.005_003

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: Problem with CVS HEAD, bootstrap, Perl 5.005_003
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 21:28:38 +0200

>>> "Raja" == Raja R Harinath <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

 Raja> Alexandre, you'll come after me with a chainsaw for this, but ... :-)

Any idea how much it costs (in stamps and gas) to mail a running
chainsaw oversea?

 Raja> Let's just replace simplify() with

 Raja> sub simplify($)
 Raja> {
 Raja> my ($self) = @_;
 Raja> return $self->invert->invert;
 Raja> }

 Raja> This actually passes all the simplify() tests (and even
 Raja> handles the FIXME in there).  This is somewhat slower
 Raja> than the original semi-QM[1], but it isn't too bad.

I'm always amazed by the simplifications you accomplish...

Let's simplify simplify() and delete all that heavy code, then.
That sounds really great.  I guess you already have a diff handy?

[...]

--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz