Re: tarball checksum/signature targets?

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: tarball checksum/signature targets?
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 16:45:50 +0200

 Harlan> Thanks - my goal is to produce some number of checksum files
 Harlan> (md5, "sum", pgp, gpg, whatever) at the time I produce the
 Harlan> distribution *balls.

 Harlan> I'd then "publish" the *balls and checksum files.

 Harlan> I'm not sure I care about validating this on the user's side
 Harlan> yet, but I can see that it would be Useful to have utility
 Harlan> that would compare a *ball with the distributed checksum
 Harlan> files as well.

Have a look at the Coreutils Makefile.maint/GNUMakefile's "alpha"
target.