Re: Running a plain ./config.status at top level

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: Running a plain ./config.status at top level
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 00:06:51 +0200

>>> "Eric" == Eric Siegerman <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

 Eric> So SysV and XPG3 both *dropped* support for ::-rules.  Then POSIX
 Eric> didn't look far enough back into history, and so assumed it was a
 Eric> BSD-ism.  *sigh*

Thanks for digging all this.

 >> > Does someone know a Make implementation
 >> > that doesn't support them?

 Eric> Never heard of one, but then I'm hardly an authority :-/

 Eric> What does all of this means for Automake?  Beats me...

 Eric> On second thought, maybe AM should just go ahead and use the
 Eric> feature,

Ok, I'll change these rules.  If it doesn't work somewhere,
then at least we'll learn something.

[...]

--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz