Re: delete aclocal.m4? keep generated files on cvs server? enforce spece

From: Andrew Suffield
Subject: Re: delete aclocal.m4? keep generated files on cvs server? enforce specefic automake/conf version?
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 22:26:50 +0100

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 11:02:58PM +0200, Simon Richter wrote:
> Usually I use an autogen.sh like this, works on most systems:
>
> #! /bin/sh -ex
> aclocal-1.7 -I m4 || aclocal-1.6 -I m4 || aclocal -I m4
> autoheader
> automake-1.7 -a || automake-1.6 -a || automake -a
> autoconf

Here's what I use:

#!/usr/bin/env bash
# For the lazy people, this does all the auto* stuff needed before
# ./configure && make will work
# (This is a maintainer script; it should never have to be run on
#  a distributed tarball)

set -e

${ACLOCAL:-aclocal} -I autoconf
${AUTOHEADER:-autoheader}
${AUTOMAKE:-automake} -a
${AUTOCONF:-autoconf}

# If it exists and is executable, recheck and regenerate
test -x config.status && ./config.status --recheck
test -x config.status && ./config.status

# Exit true if we got this far
exit 0

The extra calls to config.status are there because it's a damn sight
faster this way than letting automake-generated Makefiles call
config.status once for each subdirectory (which they would otherwise
do on the next build) - this is "right", but not what you wanted.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |