.Po / .Plo Question

From: Asim Suter
Subject: .Po / .Plo Question
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 02:57:49 -0700

Hi,

I am trying to understand the generation of .Po / .Plo files in .deps directory.
We have a build system that uses autoamke,autoconf and libtool.

Could someone please help me with my questions.
1) Which tool/script/program generates .Po/.Plo files ? And at what stage ?

2) While rebuilding I see sometimes .Po files get "bad" in that
    they get malformed somehow for which gmake croaks and bails out.

    For instance:

   a) .deps/libcryptotool_a-sig_verify.Po:1: *** target pattern contains no `%'.  Stop.
   b) Missing separator in file..

Is there a workaround/recipe to solve this issue that you may know about ?
Any pointers will help me too!

Thanks,
Asim