Re: 3DLDF (fwd)

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: 3DLDF (fwd)
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 00:49:08 +0100

>>> "Laurence" == Laurence Finston <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

 Laurence> My problem now is the `dist' target. It doesn't seem
 Laurence> to be possible to override it. I've written a
 Laurence> `distrib' target which does what I want, but the
 Laurence> `dist' target should work.

Yes, it's better to fix the Makefile.am so that the supplied dist
target work than trying to write your own.

 Laurence> I couldn't get "nodist_3dldf_SOURCES" to work.

Can you explain what you tried?  Telling which version of
Automake you use and showing your Makefile.am would be a good
start...

Note that
  1) nodist_3dldf_SOURCES works for me
  2) the rules I suggested in the previous mail do not
     need any nodist_ variable

[...]

 Laurence> For certain files, it's not enough to delete them
 Laurence> afterwards using dist-hook, because they don't exist,
 Laurence> and make fails when it can't find them.  This
 Laurence> happened with 3dldf.info*.

I don't understand what you meant.  What do you want to delete
files that are needed?

 Laurence> The easiest solution would be to override the dist
 Laurence> target. Is this possible after all?

It is (if you override dist and dist-all at once, as they appear
in the Makefile), but I urge you not to do it.

--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz