Re: fortran FC patch

From: Norman Gray
Subject: Re: fortran FC patch
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:13:33 +0000 (GMT)

Greetings,

In <http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg07811.html>, Michael
Nolta offered a simple patch for `fc' support, and Alexandre's reply
suggested that there was unlikely to be a problem including this.

This appears not to be in the current CVS sources (on the head, after "cvs
-z 9 -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvs/automake co automake").
Ought I to be surprised?  Am I looking in the right place?

I ask because I'm working just now on adding support to both autoconf
and automake to support preprocessing of Fortran 77, and it makes most
sense if I do so on top of the `fc' support rather than the older
`f77' support.

The preprocessing support is not mine, but Martin Wilck's (see [1]).
He submitted patches for this in 2000, but for some reason or another
they never made it into the autoconf or automake sources.  I'm just
adding them now, adjusting them so they're compatible with the current
autoconf and automake versions.

Given that there isn't a problem with Michael's patches, and given
that I don't _really_ want to muck about with the CVS head, would it
be reasonable for me to apply Michael's patches to a local copy of
automake 1.8.2 and submit the joint patch at some later stage when
I've got everything working?

No-one _else_ is working on this, are they?

All the best,

Norman

[1] http://sources.redhat.com/ml/autoconf-patches/2000-07/msg00287.html
    http://sources.redhat.com/ml/automake/2000-07/msg00043.html