Re: --program-prefix leads to broken libtoolize

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: --program-prefix leads to broken libtoolize
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 21:56:13 +0100

>>> "Scott" == Scott James Remnant <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

 >> > Automake is applying the various program changes to _SCRIPTS...
 >> >
 >> > I don't even know *HOW* we can support program-prefix, program-suffix
 >> > (and worst of all) program-transform-name ... I can't think of any way
 >> > of getting the resulting transform into libtoolize; at least not one
 >> > that doesn't make me violently sick.
 >>
 >> I'd suggest doing the reverse, which is to not transform these names.
 >> There's no reason to rename anything in $prefix/share/libtool.

 Scott> That falls under the preview of Automake -- it isn't something we
 Scott> deliberately do.

[automake/lib/Makefile.am]
## These must all be executable when installed.  However, if we use
## _SCRIPTS, then the program transform will be applied, which is not
## what we want.  So we make them executable by hand.
scriptdir = $(pkgvdatadir)
dist_script_DATA = config.guess config.sub install-sh mdate-sh missing \
  mkinstalldirs elisp-comp ylwrap acinstall depcomp compile py-compile \
  symlink-tree

install-data-hook:
        @$(POST_INSTALL)
        @for prog in $(dist_script_DATA); do \
          echo " chmod +x $(DESTDIR)$(scriptdir)/$$prog"; \
          chmod +x $(DESTDIR)$(scriptdir)/$$prog; \
        done

[...]

--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz