Linking with non-libtool libraries

From: address@hidden
Subject: Linking with non-libtool libraries
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:00:07 -0500

Hello,
    I have a fairly large project that consists of a number of executables
and shared libraries, all built with autoconf/automake/libtool. Most of the
executables also depend on thirdparty shared libraries that are either not
built with libtool, or they were, in a separate tree and then copied to a
thirdparty area.
    My question is the wrapper scripts that libtool generates for
executables
sets up the LD_LIBRARY_PATH properly for all of the libtool libraries that
I built, but it does not add components to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH for these
thirdparty libraries. So I wind up having to modify LD_LIBRARY_PATH before
running these wrapper scripts.
    Is there a way to get libtool to include the non-libtool shared library
paths in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH that is sets up?

     Also, the LD_LIBRARY_PATH that the wrapper scripts contain invariably
contains the path "/opt/local/lib". This path has nothing to do with my
build
and I was wondering where it is coming from.

Thanks,
Stan

http://mail2web.com/ .