Re: html texinfo install?

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: html texinfo install?
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:02:29 -0800

address@hidden (Karl Berry) writes:

> However, since none of the autoconf maintainers have replied yet, I fear
> this whole discussion is moot ...

I don't think it's moot.  I think the original idea is a good one, and
that there needs to be a GNU standard, and that something along the
lines that you've proposed looks quite reasonable.  My understanding
is that you're going to fly a suggestion past RMS.  If he likes the
idea too, we can put something into Autoconf (though I'm not quite
sure what it will be, to be honest; it sounds

Hmm, what sort of thing were you looking for in a reply?