How to remove custom directory with maintainer-clean

From: Oliver B. Fischer
Subject: How to remove custom directory with maintainer-clean
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:21:41 +0200

Hello,

I have a custom target doc which creates an directory with all the end-user docs.

Since doc is a generated directory I would like to be able to remove it with maintainer-clean. Unfortunately adding doc to MAINTAINERCLEANFILES doesn't help, since the generated makefile tries to remove doc by executing rm -f doc.

How can I convience automake to remove doc with rm -r doc?

Regards,

Oliver Fischer