remove certain makefile rules during make dist

From: Bo Peng
Subject: remove certain makefile rules during make dist
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:27:42 -0500

Dear list,

I am developing my project under linux. Except for the usual
automake/autoconf/libtool rules, I have some machine dependent rules in
Makefile.am to reduce compile time during development. Is there a way to
remove these rules automatically during 'make dist'? I guess I need to
remove them from makefile.am and their corresponding parts in configure
so a install-hook will not work.

Many thanks in advance.

--
Bo Peng