Re: "include $(top_builddir)/aminclude.am" is ignored by automake

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: "include $(top_builddir)/aminclude.am" is ignored by automake
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 09:02:41 +0100

>>> "Tom" == Tom Howard <address@hidden> writes:

 Tom> Hi,
 Tom> I use some m4 macros in my configure.ac that produce a file called
 Tom> aminclude.am in the top build directory.  In my Makefile.am files I try
 Tom> to include this

An automake include is inlined when automake runs, i.e., long
before configure would create the file.  You simply can't use
configure output as automake input.

[...]

 Tom> If I put

 Tom> include aminclude.am

 Tom> or

 Tom> include ./aminclude.am

Then aminclude.am will be distributed as source, and each time a
user run ./configure in the source tree it should cause automake
to be rerun to update all dependent Makefile.ins.  This implies
your users must have automake installed.
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz