Re: Still no joy....

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: Still no joy....
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:15:54 +0000

Hallo Bruce!

Bruce Korb wrote:
> I have now changed the Makefile.am thus:
>
>   autogen_LDADD = $(top_builddir)/autoopts/libopts.la $(LIBGUILE_LIBS)

Looks right to me.

> and autogen_LDFLAGS = -export-dynamic

You only need -export-dynamic if you are going to use lt_dlopen (NULL)
to get a reflective module handle... and even then, I think you only
need it if the dlsym code is run from a dso rather than the sources for
the autogen binary proper.

> The net result:
>
>>+ /home/bkorb/ag/ag/agen5/autogen \
>>-L/home/bkorb/ag/ag/autoopts argument.def
>>/home/bkorb/ag/ag/agen5/.libs/lt-autogen: symbol lookup error: \
>>/home/bkorb/ag/ag/agen5/.libs/lt-autogen: undefined symbol: optionStackArg

Is this an error from the runtime linker?  Or from a dlsym/lt_dlsym call?

What does "ldd .libs/lt-autogen" give you?  What about "../libtool
-mode=execute ldd ./autogen"?

>>+ failure AutoGen could not process
>>
>>$ nm /home/bkorb/ag/ag/autoopts/.libs/libopts.so|fgrep optionStackArg
>>0000bb31 T optionStackArg

Presumably "nm /usr/local/lib/libopts.so | grep optionStackArg" give U?

> It is not finding the symbol because it is not looking in
> the current build directory.  So, I guess I have a bug.
> Attached is the script /home/bkorb/ag/ag/agen5/autogen.
> I think what is needed should be clear from the above,
> but I'll be happy to send any more information that might
> be helpful!

Argh, the attached wrapper appears to be clearing LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  Are
you using fast-install mode (./configure --enable-fast-install)?  Does
the autogen binary install without needing to be relinked?  What architecture
are you running all of this on at the moment?

Cheers,
        Gary.
--
Gary V. Vaughan      ())_.  address@hidden,gnu.org}