Re: Automake and kernel module

From: tom fogal
Subject: Re: Automake and kernel module
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 12:19:16 -0400

forgot to CC the list..

------- Forwarded Message

From: tom fogal <address@hidden>
To: Frederic Cazenave <address@hidden>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 12:18:40 -0400
Sender: address@hidden

 <address@hidden>Frederic Cazenave writes:
>Hi,
>
>I'm newbie in using autotools. I'm try to write a Makefile.am to only
>compile my module.
>With a bin_PROGRAMS define make produces CC and LD. How I can write the
>Makefile.am to
>stop after CC.

I haven't tried it, but you might be able to do something like:

sometarget_SOURCES = a.c b.c c.c

while making sure to *not* list 'sometarget' in bin_PROGRAMS.  Then you
would probably have to build via 'make sometarget' though (instead of
'make all' or just 'make').

I'm not sure why would you would want to do this though... maybe you
could elaborate on your problem?

- -tom

------- End of Forwarded Message