Automatic support for gettext?

From: Daniel Kraft
Subject: Automatic support for gettext?
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 09:52:38 +0100

Hi!

I'm currently working at getting GNU gettext to work with my project, and now
I'm curious how good automakes native support for gettext is. There's little
information in the documentation, maybe you can help.

What exactly does automake do when
ALL_LINGUAS="de en fr..."
AM_GNU_GETTEXT
is defined in the configure.in-file? I mean, does configure just check for
gettext, or does make automatically extract a POT-file from the sources? If not,
is there a way to have this done by automake, or do I have to write my own
makefile-target therefore?

Thank you!
Yours,
Daniel Kraft