where do I have to add the macros

From: netman (sent by Nabble.com)
Subject: where do I have to add the macros
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:51:34 -0800 (PST)

Hi

I have a software in two versions I wanted to add a test plugin into one of them

I put my test file in the plugin folder and then modified the makefle.am.

but I have not the file configure.ac while I have read in dics that it is
needed for

autoconf well I saw these errors :

libtoolize
Using `AC_PROG_RANLIB' is rendered obsolete by `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
address@hidden ntop]# autoheader
autoheader: error: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in configure.in
address@hidden ntop]# autoconf
configure.in:59: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONFIG_HEADER
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.in:132: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
configure.in:857: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_CC_STDC
configure.in:2135: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_CHECK_TYPEDEF

I checked the lines but couldn't solve it and I tested it with other version and
I had no problem while I didn't have configure.ac

so would you please tell me about autoconf that how it can do its duty without
configure.ac and why I had these errors in using auto tools and where I have to
define these macros to solve the problem.

thanks for your help and attention.
Best  Regards
--
Sent from the Gnu - Automake - General forum at Nabble.com:
http://www.nabble.com/where-do-I-have-to-add-the-macros-t736394.html#a1927990