Re: AC_CONFIG_LIBOBJ_DIR

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: AC_CONFIG_LIBOBJ_DIR
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 14:29:37 +0200

Hello Russ,

* Russ Allbery wrote on Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 07:19:10PM CEST:
> A while back, I asked about Automake support for AC_CONFIG_LIBOBJ_DIR in
> the context of using Automake to support a non-recursive build of a
> package.  The result of the discussion was that Automake required some
> functionality that was new in Autoconf 2.60 in order to support this
> properly.
>
> Since then, Autoconf 2.60 has been released, so I want to inquire again
> about the status of this support.  Right now, one of my packages will only
> build properly with a patched Automake because of this missing feature,
> and I'd like to get back to using a standard Automake release.

The CVS version of Automake has AC_CONFIG_LIBOBJ_DIR support not in
1.9.6.  Is that sufficient for your needs?  IOW, are you asking when
1.10 will be ready?  (Not that I would be able to answer that...)

The patch you posted has not found its way into CVS Automake; do you
need that?  (If so, showing one of your packages or, even better, a
small example package for its need would help.)