Re: Placing libraries in single central directory

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Placing libraries in single central directory
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 11:57:05 -0600

antoon wrote:
> By default this library is placed in the same directory as the C-files.

After the result of 'make' yes.

> But ...  how to copy this library afterwards to a general *lib* directory,
> because  during the overall linkage step of my code, I want all my libraries
> in one single directory.  You can do something like this, by make install
> but that's not what I mean.

I don't believe automake is designed to do that as it is right now.
However you can use symlinks to simulate this.

In the directory that you want the .a files to appear create a symlink
from there to the directory in which you are building your libraries.
In that way they will appear to be in the other directory that you
want them to appear.

Bob