Re: autoheader, fortran, and comments

From: j y
Subject: Re: autoheader, fortran, and comments
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 03:47:46 -0700 (PDT)

--- j y <address@hidden> wrote:

> --- Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > I don't have an answer to your problem yet, but I'd be interested to
> > know which Fortran compiler you're using and how you're invoking it.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Ralf
>
> Sorry, I forgot to mention the compiler
>
> Compiler : GNU Fortran 95 (GCC) 4.1.1
> System : Linux

I've been away from this problem for a while but got back to it this
week.  I still don't know a good solution, but I want to try the following.

To replace the c-comments in config.h I can use the following sed
command (may
not be 100% foolproof, but should fit my needs)

  sed -i '/\/\*|\*\//s/^/!/' config.h

When I examine Makefile.in I see the following lines relating to
config.h

config.h: stamp-h1
        @if test ! -f $@; then \
          rm -f stamp-h1; \
          $(MAKE) stamp-h1; \
        else :; fi

I would like to place the sed line at the end to fortran-ize the
comments like
this

config.h: stamp-h1
        @if test ! -f $@; then \
          rm -f stamp-h1; \
          $(MAKE) stamp-h1; \
        else :; fi
        sed -i '/\/\*|\*\//s/^/!/' config.h

Is there any way to do this by adding a macro or something to
configure.ac?

Thanks,
John

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html