Re: Automake 1.10 - No rule to make target '-c', needed by 'all-am'.

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Automake 1.10 - No rule to make target '-c', needed by 'all-am'. Stop.
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 10:52:45 +0200

Hello Craig,

* Craig Sanders wrote on Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 09:26:50AM CEST:

> I have just installed automake 1.10 and autoconf 2.61 on my system. I
> am able to successfully run aclocal, autoconf and automake on my
> package. The resulting configure script that is created runs without
> any errors when I invoke it from within the build directory. However,
> when I run make in the build directory, I get the following messages
> (amongst others) ;
>
> make[1]: Entering directory '/home/craig/source_code/c++/build/nana'
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target '-c', needed by 'all-am'. Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/craig/source_code/c++/build/nana'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Please post the Makefile.am in question and configure.ac.  Are you using
the variable DATA in your Makefile.am?  You shouldn't be, although I can
see that the Automake manual doesn't make this too clear.

> Have I done something wrong or has something changed in the latest
> version of the Autotools that I should know about? Admittedly I did
> need to make some small changes to my package's configure.ac file,
> because autoconf complained when I ran it. Should I maybe have posted
> this message to the autoconf mailing list instead?

I replied to your other problem.  Fix that first, then let's see about
this one again, it might be a followup one.