Re: "files left in build directory after distclean" using subdir-objects

From: Braden McDaniel
Subject: Re: "files left in build directory after distclean" using subdir-objects
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 01:36:54 -0400

On Sat, 2007-10-06 at 14:18 -0400, Braden McDaniel wrote:

[snip]

> Might I be tripping over some bug that occurs when the subdirectory name
> is the same as the built executable?

The addition of

        CLEANFILES = openvrml-xembed/.libs/openvrml-xembed

has worked around the problem. Suboptimal, I know, since .libs is an
implementation detail of libtool.

I was surprised, though, that another binary built by the same Makefile
didn't have the same problem. Like openvrml-xembed, it is built into a
directory with the same name as the binary. The only significant
difference between the two that I can see is that openvrml-xembed is
installed in libexec, while the other program is installed in bin.

--
Braden McDaniel                           e-mail: <address@hidden>
<http://endoframe.com>                    Jabber: <address@hidden>