Re: Conditional sources

From: NightStrike
Subject: Re: Conditional sources
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 01:39:25 -0500

On 11/5/07, Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote:
> * NightStrike wrote on Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 06:01:26AM CET:
> >
> > lib32dir=$(prefix)/lib32
> > lib64dir=$(prefix)/lib64
> >
> > lib32_LIBRARIES = libuuid.a
> > libuuid_a_SOURCES = lib32/uuid.c
> >
> > lib64_LIBRARIES = libuuid.a
> > libuuid_a_SOURCES = lib64/uuid.c
>
> Not sure why you don't write
>   lib32_LIBRARIES = lib32/libuuid.a
>   lib32_libuuid_a_SOURCES = lib32/uuid.c

I had tried it somewhere along the line, and it didn't work.  I'll try
it again with all the other latest fixes in.

On closer inspection, I see what you did.  You converted the slash to
an underscore.  Ok, see that's what I couldn't find -- I didn't know
that you could do that.  I was doing the first part -- specifying
"lib32_LIBRARIES = lib32/libuuid.a", but I messed up the variable for
_SOURCES.......  Ok, I'm trying it now...

Egads!!  You're a genius!

> You may have to give up on your nice pattern rule, I'm not sure about
> that.  But specifying it explicitly a couple of times won't hurt.

That's step 2 :) :)