Re: Makefile.am for both windows and linux

From: Warren Young
Subject: Re: Makefile.am for both windows and linux
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 09:45:28 -0700

Nitin Goyal wrote:

I can not use libtools. Is there a way, I can achieve this?

Use Bakefile, or cmake, or jam, or something else that really understands Windowsisms. automake can be arm-twisted into supporting native Windows builds, but it isn't happy doing it. I use Bakefile myself; it lets you continue using autoconf on the Unixy side of things, and Visual Studio, nmake + cl, or mingw on the Windows side.