Re: Putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `..'.

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `..'.
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 08:48:41 +0200

Hello Joost,

* Joost Kraaijeveld wrote on Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 02:54:25PM CEST:

> I get the message "Putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `..'." from
> libtoolize.
>
> Can anyone tell me what this means, if it is harmful and,if needed, what
> I can do about it?

It means libtoolize thinks that the place for your auxiliary build files
(like install-sh, config.guess, config.sub, ltmain.sh, etc.) is in
directory `..', i.e., one above the one where libtoolize is called from.
If that matches your package's setup, then all is well, and you need not
do anything about it.  You can control the directory with the
AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR macro called in configure.ac.

Hope that helps.