Problems with library on macos X

From: Daniel Luis dos Santos
Subject: Problems with library on macos X
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 15:34:23 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to build a library on a leopard machine with autoconf 2.61 and
automake 10.1 from mac ports. The generated makefile has no object files and
then the ar command fails with :

ar cru libliquidsurfaces.a
ar: no archive members specified
usage:  ar -d [-TLsv] archive file ...
        ar -m [-TLsv] archive file ...
        ar -m [-abiTLsv] position archive file ...
        ar -p [-TLsv] archive [file ...]
        ar -q [-cTLsv] archive file ...
        ar -r [-cuTLsv] archive file ...
        ar -r [-abciuTLsv] position archive file ...
        ar -t [-TLsv] archive [file ...]
        ar -x [-ouTLsv] archive [file ...]
make[1]: *** [libliquidsurfaces.a] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

The source Makefile.am is

srcdir = .
#bindir = $(BINDIR)

lib_LIBRARIES = libliquidsurfaces.a
libliquidsurfaces_a_SOURCES = LiquidSurfaces.cp LiquidSurfacesPriv.h
#libliquidsurfaces_a_LIBADD = LiquidSurfaces.o
include_HEADERS = LiquidSurfaces.h

I have included the .o in the commented _LIBADD but probably that won't work
because no public symbols are put in the library file.

How can I tell in the makefile what are the names of the object files,
instead of being derived from the
Sources ?

Help !