make dvi during make distcheck too annoying

From: Matěj Týč
Subject: make dvi during make distcheck too annoying
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 16:01:34 +0100

Hello,
I use automake in one of my project along with texinfo.
That project has documentation full of images. As you probably know,
'make pdf' makes a PDF document from JPGs and PNGs, whereas 'make dvi'
requires EPSs. However, EPS images are insanely large (in this case
like 15 times larger than JPGs).
The problem is that running 'make distcheck' results in error since
the EPS images that should be there aren't there and 'make distcheck'
tries to run 'make dvi' everywhere.
I would like to run 'make pdf' instead or at least to disable building DVI.
Is there any way to accomplish that?
Regards,
Matej