Object files in subfolders

From: Johnson, Chris
Subject: Object files in subfolders
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 09:21:18 -0400

All -

I have code base I'm working with that contains a bunch of sub
directories and cpp files.  The problem I'm having is my bootstrap
script fails because I have two files with the same name in different
sub folders for example:

src /
   foo /
      bar.cpp
   baz /
      bar.cpp

Once I run my bootstrap command I get something like the following error

Error: src/Makefile.am: object bar.$(OBJEXT) created by foo/bar.cpp and
baz/bar.cpp

Basically I'd like the have the object files placed into the associated
subfolder for that cpp file, how do I go about doing this ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

..Chris