Re: RFE: allow for computed version number

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: RFE: allow for computed version number
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 11:50:17 -0500 (CDT)

Since I posted about this issue last week, and since GraphicsMagick has been using a version.sh script with computed version numbers since late 2002, you can be sure that there is strong support from me for this proposal. Thanks for describing the issues so succinctly.

Version number and package information are best obtained in a JIT fashion so that it is always available when needed (and not before) and there is a minimum of regeneration and building due to an increment in the version information.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn