Re: dvi bug in distcheck target?

From: John Calcote
Subject: Re: dvi bug in distcheck target?
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 13:15:10 -0600

Hi Ralf,

On 6/24/2009 12:59 PM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
It looks like the last line should contain:

           zardoz.dvi zardoz.pdf zardoz.ps zardoz.html

It would if you had
   @setfilename zardoz.info

in your zardoz.texi file.  Hmm, this is probably a bug in Automake,
but from 'info texi2dvi', I cannot even infer whether it is intentional
that @setfilename not decide the name of DVI or PDF output, and while I
think it implies to do so for HTML, I'm not fully sure either.
Wow. Sure enough. I set the texi setfilename field to zardoz.info and all is well again. It never occurred to me that Automake would look inside the texi file to determine the name of the output file, but it makes sense. I copied this sample file from the texinfo manual as a quick input file, but didn't check the contents that closely.

Thanks for the tip.

John