Circular dependency dropped warning from make in relating to CUDA code

From: Adam Mercer
Subject: Circular dependency dropped warning from make in relating to CUDA code
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 14:23:03 -0500

Hi

I'm in the middle of integrating some CUDA code, for utilising GPUs,
into one of our projects and seeing the following warning returned
from make:

make: Circular CudaChisq.cu <- CudaChisq.cu.c dependency dropped.

The following rule is used to generate the .c file from the .cu source:

CudaChisq.cu.c: CudaChisq.cu
        nvcc -cuda --host-compilation=c $(INCLUDES) $(CPPFLAGS) --output-file
$@ $<

and I think that this is the source of the dependency warning. Does
anyone know how I can "fix" this warning?

Cheers

Adam