Re: "make dist" and "make distcheck" trouble

From: John Calcote
Subject: Re: "make dist" and "make distcheck" trouble
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 19:09:45 -0600

Bruce,

On 9/28/2009 7:03 PM, David Bruce wrote:
Hello Ralf,

I found it!  It was an utterly perversely subtle typographical error:

In my src/Makefile.am:

tuxmathserver_SOURCES = servermain.c    \
                server.c \
                mathcards.c     \
                throttle.c      \
        .       options.c

        ^

A stray '.' got inserted in the file list, which lead to the entire

Dang! I'm sorry. I noticed that period, but a period is so small that I almost thought it was dust on my monitor! Then I looked a second time and realized it was a period, but figured it must have been inadvertently inserted during cut and paste into your email. If I'd responded when I thought to, I might have saved you some time.

Regards,
John