pod to man

From: Monty Taylor
Subject: pod to man
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 20:01:15 -0800

Hey all,

I have a build thing that I cannot for the life of me figure out a
_good_ way to express. (I can express it with lots of copy and paste)

I have several document source files, each ending in pod, which will
each produce one more more man pages when run through pod2man. Simply,
something like this:

function1.3: source.pod
function2.3: source.pod

%.3: %.pod
        pod2man $@ $<

Of course, that doesn't work because the target files don't match the
source files. But I want to say "here's how to build these files" and
then provide the mapping between source and target.

Am I just totally out of luck?

Monty