Re: RE : call for help/crazy idea: nmake support

From: Braden McDaniel
Subject: Re: RE : call for help/crazy idea: nmake support
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 20:24:43 -0400

On Wed, 2010-08-11 at 08:34 +0200, PICCA Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:
> Hello
>
> > I'm certainly quite eager to see this in Automake and Libtool.  I
> > suspect this will hit the sweet spot for a lot of autotools users.
>
> the problem I see is that a lot's of peoples relies on pkg-config
> during the configuration phase.
>
> How can we deal with this on windows platform ?

I think the answer is that you can either augment or replace use of
pkg-config.

I suspect anyone expecting these changes to libtool to make autotools
packages Just Work on Windows will be disappointed.  And I would be
shocked if pkg-config is the only reason for that.

--
Braden McDaniel <address@hidden>