Re: On Ubuntu 10.4, test programs that segfault do XPASS

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: On Ubuntu 10.4, test programs that segfault do XPASS
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 06:11:10 +0200

Hello Roberto,

* Roberto Bagnara wrote on Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 11:32:45PM CEST:
> I am using Automake's simple test driver.

Are you using parallel-tests or not?  Any setting for the variables
TESTS_ENVIRONMENT, LOG_COMPILER?

> I have three programs
> that, due to a buggy program transformation, keep allocating
> stack space until they segfault:
>
> $ ulimit -s
> 8192
> $ ./bug23
> Segmentation fault
[...]
> However:
>
> $ make check
> XPASS: bug23

> I am able to reproduce this _only_ on Ubuntu (10.4):
> on all other systems I have access to things work
> as expected.

Please show
  ./bug23; echo $?

as well as
  /bin/dash -c './bug23; echo $?'

and also
  make check SHELL='/bin/dash -x' TESTS=bug23

(replace /bin/dash with whatever SHELL is assigned to in your Makefile).

Thanks,