Re: flex/bison rebuilding issue

From: Philip Herron
Subject: Re: flex/bison rebuilding issue
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 04:47:58 +0100

On 10 September 2010 04:28, Reuben Hawkins <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi y'all,
>
> Attached is my Makefile.am.  My problem is editing scanner.l or
> grammar.y doesn't trigger a rebuild of my whole project when *I think*
> it should...  How do I set dependencies such that editing scanner.l or
> grammar.y will rebuild my whole parser?

I still don't understand why you would ever need to re-build
everything? Think of it thise way if you are to change something in
bla.y and you have a bla.l and a bla.c in the project, if you
recompile those other 2 files the .c and .l they will just generate
the same object file and the only different being is the object
created from the bison compiled output. So all you need to do is
re-link it all together but in saying that i haven't looked at your
code.

Try to narrow down you reason why you would need to re-build it all,
and making a very small test case showing your error and we might be
more helpful.

--Phil