Re: Message before installcheck

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Message before installcheck
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 02:38:11 +0200

Hello Sergio,

* Sergio Belkin wrote on Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 09:40:29PM CEST:
> I'd like to print a message after 'make install' something as:
>
> "You can verify your installation with 'make installcheck'"

Hmm, you can use the install-data-hook or install-exec-hook rules in the
last directory traversed, but with parallel make, that still won't
guarantee that the message will really be printed out last.

I don't know a way to enforce that without either turning off parallel
make (.NOTPARALLEL:) or relying on GNU make features to print the
message late.  Or a wrapper script.  Or overwriting the toplevel install
target manually.

Hope that helps.