ylwrap - flex filename weirdness

From: Jan Engelhardt
Subject: ylwrap - flex filename weirdness
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 11:54:04 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

While trying to utilize Autotools in a preexisting project that
previously just relied on Makefiles, I came across ylwrap failing for
some absurd, unknown reason. I couldn't help but run sh -x and debug it
piecewise.

So what's ultimately done is running flex inside a temp directory,

        flex /home/jengelh/code/iproute2/tc/emp_ematch_lex.l

It turns out flex produces a file called lex.ematch_.c, which is
something ylwrap so does not expect at all - it only checks for
what's in pairlist="yy.lex.c emp_ematch_lex.c".

I can use AM_LFLAGS = -o yy.lex.c to work around it, but that feels like
an ugly hack. What's up with flex here?

thanks,
Jan