Re: default -g ??!?

From: MK
Subject: Re: default -g ??!?
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 11:09:10 -0500

On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 10:36:34 -0500
MK <address@hidden> wrote:
> If and when you do need debugging symbols, it should be easy to opt
> *for* them.  Instead, I am left with the choice of leaving them in by
> default, or having to use "strip", making it impossible to add them.

Sorry if that seemed like a rant.  Anyway, I have managed to get that
functionality by inserting this into the configure script from autoconf:

CFLAGS=-O2" "$CFLAGS

Giving make a default to use if no flags are present, and also making
it possible for the user to add "CFLAGS=-g" if they wish.

Please excuse my ignorance and frustration ;)

--
"The angel of history[...]is turned toward the past." (Walter Benjamin)