make -j1 fails

From: Pippijn van Steenhoven
Subject: make -j1 fails
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 09:24:42 +0100

Hi,

I am using the FreeBSD make utility to build an automake based
distribution. When I run make with a -j option (even -j1), it fails.
Running make with a -j option makes the utility behave differently. The
issue only arises with built sources (in my case, yacc generated C code),
since those trigger the inference rule ".c.lo". Perhaps a solution would
be to also generate explicit rules for built sources.

I have attached the output of running make with and without -j1.

Regards,
Pippijn van Steenhoven