Still help needed at creating Makefile.am

From: Stefan
Subject: Still help needed at creating Makefile.am
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 20:05:38 +0100

I send this Email already yesterday, but did not get it by myself via the list,
so I think something failed...

Hello again,

a couple of days ago I already had a more than similar question, but somehow I
managed to go on without help, in the end… now the problems are a bit bigger:
make distcheck is failing.

What I'm trying to do, is put my whole thesis (LaTeX) under autoconf/ automate
control for several reasons. At the moment I'm stuck with plots. In the end,
for the plot directory, all plots should be in the final archive plus the
scripts and data to generate them. Those plots a produced by R and need 1 data
file each. The plots themselves should only be rebuilt, if anything in the
script or the data changes. Everything lives in an own subdirectory of my
thesis directory.

What fails is, that on make distcheck it looks like the scripts are not
produced. If I do a make before, everything works.

Here is my current Makefile.am:

--SNIP--
@SET_MAKE@

ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS = -I share/misc/m4

SUFFIXES = .R .pdf

noinst_PLOTS = \
        sample_distris.pdf \
        center.pdf     \
        1A.pdf     \
        center_1A.pdf
noinst_DATA = center.histo 1A.histo center_1A.histo
noinst_R = sample_distris.R center.R 1A.R center_1A
noinst_SCRIPTS=
if !CRB_NO_RSCRIPTS
 noinst_SCRIPTS += sample_distris center 1A center_1A
endif

CLEANFILES = $(noinst_SCRIPTS) $(noinst_PLOTS)

EXTRA_DIST = $(noinst_PLOTS) $(noinst_DATA) $(noinst_R)

do_subst = sed \
 -e 's,address@hidden@],$(CRB_RSCRIPT),g' \
 -e 's,address@hidden@],Generated from address@hidden; do not edit by hand.,g'

.R:
        rm -f $@ address@hidden
        $(do_subst) $(srcdir)/address@hidden >address@hidden
        chmod +x address@hidden
        chmod a-w address@hidden
        mv -f address@hidden $@

.R.pdf:
        ./$*

all-local: $(noinst_PLOTS)
--SNAP--
--OUCH--

Is there anybody able to help me? Not having a proper make distcheck is
freaking my out a bit, right now.

greetings,

Stefan